Two of the most utilized resources at any workplace are electricity and telephone services. Businesses depend on these two major utilities to operate efficiently, making these two of the most expensive items in a company’s operational costs. There are two sides to this situation, however. The other is that for every operational expense is a cost savings opportunity. Let’s look at the flip side and find out how your company can save on these areas.
Cost savings opportunity #2: telecommunications platform
Some businesses still use the traditional telecommunications setup that costs high to maintain. If you are one of these businesses, you might want to consider moving to SIP Trunking, which can provide you with a faster and wider reach. SIP companies like SIPTRUNK, Inc. offer a wide range of plans like metered plans, channelized plans, or both, and have special rates for wholesale clients.
With SIP Trunking, you only pay for channels (aka phone lines) that you need, avoiding unnecessary expenses on barely used phone lines. Three of the many cost-saving benefits of moving to this platform include:
– Having basic features like caller IDs and DID with no monthly recurring charges,
– Multiple-location sharing that allows the company’s server to calculate the ratio of trunk requirement to users per location, per utilization rate, and
– The ability to increase and decrease SIP channels, based on call volume rate.
Cost savings opportunity #2: electricity usage
There are many ways to save on electricity bills. Some of the immediate adjustments that can be done are:
– Educating employees on energy consumption practices,
– Utilizing energy efficiency settings in electronic devices like temperature control and eco settings, and
– Using LED lighting, which consumes only 20-25% of traditional lighting consumption.
Make the switch
Creating a comprehensive schedule to implement these changes in the workplace is the first step in effectively carrying out this operation. Knowing where to start and having a clear idea of the changes that need to be made are the key to proper implementation, cost reduction, unnecessary expense elimination, and ultimately, increasing the company’s savings.